PDA

View Full Version : CycloDS Evolution in combination with slot-2 devices

AZN Shun
10-16-2007, 11:48 AM
I have been trying to decide which slot-2 device is best to use combined with the CDSE. So far i have come through some reviews but no clear statements which one.

On this forum i have come across a lot of users who combine the CDSE with the EZ Flash 3-in-1. Also tried to look in the cyclo mini/micro threads but i cant find any new information in that section.

The Ez flash 3-in-1 has built-in memory. 256Mbit Norflash, 2Mbit SRAM
and can be used as a GBA card / NDS Browser RAM Expansion Pack / DS Rumble Pack.

But what about the others? such as cyclo ds mini/micro?
:confused:

Jasonvue
10-16-2007, 02:48 PM
All I really know is, CycloDS micro, and mini requires a micro SD, or a mini SD, I'd go with Ezflash 3 in 1, I'm not sure if it works well, but everyone says so, so yeah, I haven't got my CDSE yet, so yeah

SoraK05
10-16-2007, 02:53 PM
I got a CycloDS MicroSD since it advertised fast ram on the box, but ended up having slow ram, meaning jerking in GBA games..
So after a lot of research, I found the best card to go with my CycloDS Evolution was definately, hands down, the EZ-Flash 3-in-1. Fast RAM, rumbles, which is supported by the CycloDS Evolution (not every card supports the rumble natively).

HackNeyed
10-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Honestly you can't go wrong with the 3n1 as it is great but I feel has some short comings for GBA and ease of use. I'm a fan of the eWin and I have to recommend it to my less tech savvy friends as I don't wish to be their free on call tech support. It is just about as or more capable for GBA then the 3n1 but it doesn't do everything else as well if at all so I'd recommend it if the following apply.

You are looking for solid GBA gaming with almost no set up or maintenance. (IE, no need to save patch roms and not having one save for a game running in PSRAM versus another save for the same game running from NOR rom. Though really, you could load %98+ of game on the PSRAM just as you would on the eWin)

You don't mind either, running the loader app and switching to "browser mode" then rebooting and running the browser or just patching the Opera Browser on your computer once.

You don't mind missing out on some homebrew performance that is boosted by having the 3n1 as a memory expansion. Like DSLinux, DSDoom and others.

And lastly, you don't think rumble is all that necessary since it also drains your battery a bit. personally I kinda like the soft rumble in some puzzle games and pinball but i find it loud and a bit distracting in the action games and elite beat agents.

If you want to know more about the 3n1 or the eWin, I and others talked a lot about them in this topic http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2466

Really, for gba you can't go wrong with either so read up and buy what is best for you. :)

I hope that helps.

billysastard
10-16-2007, 04:33 PM
3in1 here too, works great, rumbles quietly and softly (only 1 setting accessed by cdse), browser works fine, can store 1 gba game to the card then play it back as a gba rom or even on a gba or can load a gba rom upto 16meg (most) to ram and plays fine.

things worth noting
1) you can do more with pokemon loaded to the nor memory on the 3in1 then ds pokemon loaded on the ds treats it as if you had put in your original gba pokemon that way.
2) you can use the 3in1 to backup your original nds roms combined with the 3in1 backup tool (including save games)
3) enables the use of ds linux and ds browser.

you need to be aware there are 2 versions of the 3in1, a "phat" version that works as a gba cart in a gba as well as on the nds phat and nds lite and a slightly cheaper nds lite only version, be very careful which version you order. the phat version is much harder to find and costs a premium price but does work with all gba/ds models however it sticks out like a gba cart does on the ds lite, the ds lite only version fits flush on the ds lite.

AZN Shun
10-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Seemingly from the responses up till now the 3in1 wins with greatness.

Personally i was interested in the cyclo micro sd one, since it has supported a micro sd card. I was looking through some sellers/retailers over here. With luck i found a white version of the ezflash 3in1 (lite version).
Which would go great with my white ds and hopefully soon my white CDSE.

TC is doing their best to support their products. I would really like to see the cyclo micro sd card updated to the top as well.

I wont be playing many GBA games tho, just a few ones.
There just wasnt any clear information, just bits and pieces. You guys cleared great part of the puzzle. Thanks!

villa_bryan
10-16-2007, 08:36 PM
same here, 3 in 1

at first i contemplated an ez flash iv deluxe lite because i thought i was gonna use a lot of gba games, but i have enough space on my 2gb right now.

also i thought maybe i could use the extra memory for more nds games but 43 is too many.

though i do like watching anime on my ds and i would get it if i wanted to watch a lot

but just for gba the 3 in 1 is the way to go