PDA

View Full Version : Password

Daft Punk
11-29-2007, 03:14 AM
I was wondering if you guys can add a password feature to the card Example i leave the card at a friends or relatives house and they happen to try to use it on there ds it would right before the loading screen it would ask for a password. i really think this would be perfect a very secure way of not having people use it without your concent :D Yes Or No?

Fortunebaker
11-29-2007, 03:43 AM
Awesome Idea.
There Are Alot Of My Friends Who Screw Things Up On My DS.
I Hope Team Cyclops Considers This.

SinsHarvist
11-29-2007, 04:46 AM
Whats the point?
Wouldn't anyone with a computer, card reader, trans flash reader, or an hp able to view your files and delete the file that holds the password data?

Daft Punk
11-29-2007, 05:44 AM
Whats the point?
Wouldn't anyone with a computer, card reader, trans flash reader, or an hp able to view your files and delete the file that holds the password data?

i had thought of that already the thing is they wont...all of my friends are noobs my parents are noobs and my family is a pack of noobs. i dont want anyone messing with my card so i think this is a great idea and if you dissagree frankly i dont care. and yes you might say some witty remark like if you dont care why reply. well the reason is because its my thread and my request and many people will benefit from it.and on top of that the CDS isnt a mainstream product many people at school are like WTF is that. the chances of some one being a real jackass and deleting everything is a tad low.

SinsHarvist
11-29-2007, 10:43 AM
#1 I can see what you're saying.
#2 Theres always a chance you're overlooking something and its possible someone knows what they would be dealing with if one of your school mates or friends or someone actually knows what their doing... If I knew you and got hold of your flash cart, I would just make a copy of things I intended to delete or alter.
#3 Whats up your ***? Its not like my comment was arguing with your request. Try not to sound like such a major ****. :/
Unless you're paranoid and think everyone is against you... then its ok. :)

Akoi Meexx
11-29-2007, 10:48 AM
i had thought of that already the thing is they wont...all of my friends are noobs my parents are noobs and my family is a pack of noobs. i dont want anyone messing with my card so i think this is a great idea and if you dissagree frankly i dont care. and yes you might say some witty remark like if you dont care why reply. well the reason is because its my thread and my request and many people will benefit from it.and on top of that the CDS isnt a mainstream product many people at school are like WTF is that. the chances of some one being a real jackass and deleting everything is a tad low.

It's a forum, the point is people are allowed to voice their opinion about the subject. Whether or not you care is irrelevant.

On the subject of possible data loss:
And FRANKLY, not everyone that CEvo users come into contact with are 'noobs', ie, just because YOUR situation is that way, does not mean everyone is in the same boat as you. And are you really so concerned that one of the people you associate with would do that in the first place? For that matter, if they're 'noobs', as you say, how would they know HOW to delete the files direct from the card? CEvo firmware itself doesn't have this ability implemented (as of yet), thus they would have to do it via DSOrganize, or DSLinux, or some other 4th-party application.

Edit: Oh, Hi Sins. Welcome back after the DB errors.

AND FURTHERMORE (Because it really irked me how much a stick you jammed up there), if they're noobs and they wanted to cause you some distress by damaging your data, why not just pull out the Cevo itself and smash it into tiny little bits? Shall we also ask for a firmware update that shocks any user that isn't registered with the CEvo internally, or maybe make a self-destruct dongle for slot-2 to retaliate in such an event? Damn. :rolleyes:

Edit 2: Let's be honest here, the real issue is you don't want people knowing that you're playing ROMs illegally, isn't it? xP

Edit 3: Real quick and easy solution to your problem: TAKE THE CEVO OUT. Put it in your pocket, stuff it in your backpack, feed it to your dog, whatever. It's not that hard to do.

Ghaleon
11-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Whats the point?

Actually theres sofware thats free that you can put on the card so when someone dose attempt to connect it to a PC they need a password for that. Comes preloaded on my Lexar flash drive. Its called Secure II software. So if they do add a password on the Evo people could just use Secure II and everything will be locked lol

Akoi Meexx
11-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Actually theres sofware thats free that you can put on the card so when someone dose attempt to connect it to a PC they need a password for that. Comes preloaded on my Lexar flash drive. Its called Secure II software. So if they do add a password on the Evo people could just use Secure II and everything will be locked lol

There's a solution for that, it's called Linux. *Poof!* Your security software is circumvented.

Ghaleon
11-29-2007, 04:04 PM
There's a solution for that, it's called Linux. *Poof!* Your security software is circumvented.

You MUST be smoking crack. Linux = crap in my book. Its open source and can EASELY be hacked

Akoi Meexx
11-29-2007, 04:31 PM
You sir, are a moron.

You missed the entire point of my post: If you have Secure II installed on any flash disk, that's not going to be worth two cents on a Linux distribution. And furthermore, oh wise and powerful mastermind, care to explain why more and more companies every day use Linux as their webservers if it's so insecure?

People who don't know how to navigate an operating system because they're too accustomed to Windows and too lazy to break free = Brainless morons in my book. You're what, twelve?

can EASELY be hacked
What, are you a hacker? Oh, you're such a cute little guy, thinking that makes you so leet.

Edit: Additionally, from the Lexar website concerning their Secure II jumpdrives:
DISCLAIMER: Security safeguards, by their nature, are capable of circumvention. Lexar does not guarantee data will be 100% secure from unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction.
located at http://www.lexar.com/jumpdrive/jd_secureII.html

11-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Dude, get a life. Don't bash Linux just because your stupid little security program won't work on it. Linux is the future, it's free, and there's a distro for just about anything you could possibly want to use it for. I'm still a newb to Linux, but I can easily see it's advantages and possibilities. I only use Widows because I like to play alot of the games for it and because I get it for *cough* "free" *cough*

EDIT: I'm not trying to flame, just trying to make a point.

Ghaleon
11-29-2007, 07:08 PM
lol and you call me a moron. Can we say "jackass" cuz thats what you are.

First off Mr. Jackass. You encourage people to speak there mind, what things worked for them and what has not. Ever took into consideration that I had some bad experience with Linux? Everyone has a right to like and not like something, no one has the right to talk down on someone whos "viwes" are different than your own and thats what your doing here.

Second, I'm not 12, I'm 25. I'm also an IT manager and the company I work for use to have Linux server and was being hacked left and right. They replaced the old IT guy with me and I got them using Windows 2002 servers and fixed the problem. So in my "view" it can be easily hacked. And for that you accuse me of being a hacker lmao

As far as the lexar, I used it as an EXAMPLE. You do know what an example means dont ya? Never once did I say go get the same software thats on my lexar. As far as the disclaimer, nothing in this world is 100% safe and if you dont know that, well thats just sad.

So next time you try to make look somone like an ***, THINK before you speak Mr. Jackass

Ghaleon
11-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Dude, get a life. Don't bash Linux just because your stupid little security program won't work on it. Linux is the future, it's free, and there's a distro for just about anything you could possibly want to use it for. I'm still a newb to Linux, but I can easily see it's advantages and possibilities. I only use Widows because I like to play alot of the games for it and because I get it for *cough* "free" *cough*

EDIT: I'm not trying to flame, just trying to make a point.

Get a life? Read my post lol Lets you know that I have a life. And again, everyone is entitled there own view of things. Your the one whos doing the bashing, not me.

Akoi Meexx
11-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Get a life? Read my post lol Lets you know that I have a life. And again, everyone is entitled there own view of things. Your the one whos doing the bashing, not me.

You MUST be smoking crack. Linux = crap in my book. Its open source and can EASELY be hacked

lol and you call me a moron. Can we say "jackass" cuz thats what you are.

First off Mr. Jackass. You encourage people to speak there mind, what things worked for them and what has not. Ever took into consideration that I had some bad experience with Linux? Everyone has a right to like and not like something, no one has the right to talk down on someone whos "viwes" are different than your own and thats what your doing here.

Never once did I say go get the same software thats on my lexar. As far as the disclaimer, nothing in this world is 100% safe and if you dont know that, well thats just sad.

Right, you're definitely not bashing, noooo. Not at all. Bother posting again when you're done with the horseshit, and can stop contradicting yourself. The only *** around here is you.

Ghaleon
11-29-2007, 07:36 PM
lol now Im contradicting my self, care to explane how? All I see is my self backing up the statement on why Lunix sux in my eyes. All I see is you putting me down. All I see is your ego is too big, all I see is you not reading post correctly, all I see is you changing subjects.

Was that comment for you? So why even quote me. Also when did I say I was not bashing? When did I say I was Im not going to bash? You want to throw a punch but you dont want to take one back. If you cant take the heat, then just shut up Mr. Jackass

Akoi Meexx
11-29-2007, 07:47 PM
lol now Im contradicting my self, care to explane how? All I see is my self backing up the statement on why Lunix sux in my eyes. All I see is you putting me down. All I see is your ego is too big, all I see is you not reading post correctly, all I see is you changing subjects.

Was that comment for you? So why even quote me. Also when did I say I was not bashing? When did I say I was Im not going to bash? You want to throw a punch but you dont want to take one back. If you cant take the heat, then just shut up Mr. Jackass

Actually, if you're throwing up punches, they're really weak... All things considered, you've contradicted and tried bullshitting yourself out of being in the wrong repeatedly now, and you've made multiple statements that lead me to believe you're nothing but a pack of lies. So, without further adieu, I'm going to leave this particular topic with, "You're full of it, you're full of yourself, and I can't wait to see you burn hard for it."

Have a good day. =)

Ghaleon
11-29-2007, 07:49 PM
lmao full of my self and pack of lies you say? Would you like me to pm you my name and work phone number? The secretary will transfer you to my office.

SoraK05
11-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Alright guys..

I haven't read the thread completely.. but I am sensing some hostility.
This thread was about the idea of implementing a password feature into the CycloDS Evolution Firmware, and TeamCyclops views the request forum and takes it quite seriously.
On that note, please do not continue to be hostile with one-another... If you want to discuss the usefulness of linux among other things, perhaps it can be taken to the Off-Topic section and discussed in a polite manner.

Sorry to do this, but I'm gonna have to close the thread here..
This issue has been completely forgotten, so please don't bring it back up.

spen83
11-30-2007, 01:20 PM
You heard the man. Childish squabbles are not welcome on our friendly pages.

Better close this before anyone makes a final inflammatory remark...

Linux does suck though :p