PDA

View Full Version : Voice Recognition

DSDude
01-24-2008, 06:36 AM
I'd like to speak the name of a game, and it scrolls automatically to it and ask's if this is the correct game, then loads.

Or make an option to record a command to launch a game. Even being able to launch one game this way would be awesome, because as of right now, I cant launch even a single game this way.

LordMelkor
01-24-2008, 08:54 AM
I can't tell if this is a joke or not... maybe it's cuz it's late...

but if it is a joke, ya there have been a lot of really stupid and/or unreasonable requests lately.

SoraK05
01-24-2008, 01:29 PM
I believe it was requested at some point.. I'm not sure if it's very high up on the list-to-do, but I can imagine it's not the highest priority if it would even work.. :)

Akoi Meexx
01-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I can't say this is something I'm dying to get... It would only be functional for the Evo menu which means it'd be pretty limited what it could accomplish.

I could see it being handy for something like SvSIP, or maybe Moonshell and LMP-NG(Load mp3 files via voice-command?).

phantom_triforce
01-24-2008, 02:57 PM
"Play Advance Wars!!!"

*Loading Barbie's Horse Adventures*

"GAAAAAAAAH!"

Heh. GAAAAAAH could be soft reset!:D :p

Evolution
01-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Point us to some sort of open source voice recognition SDK and we'll look into it, otherwise there are probably better things for us to spend time on :D

DSDude
01-24-2008, 03:13 PM
I just like making unreasonable requests. :-)

But it would make full use of the NDS hardware......

Íhr
01-24-2008, 04:40 PM
i acutally like this idea. just like the mobile phone thingy:
"Call Mom!" Dialing...

or like in nintendogs:
"Osuwari!" Nothing happens...

this would be a nice feature! ill see what i can find. maybe i can get payk or agentq to get this done^^

DSDude
01-24-2008, 05:01 PM
As much as I meant this to be a joke, I think it would be pretty sweet to have it implemented. At least just to utilize the full potential of the NDS hardware...and the fact that no other Slot-1 card does this either. Its all about being the first to implement.