PDA

View Full Version : More proof of CycloDS Evo's Superiority

TheColdOne
01-26-2008, 04:45 AM
Well, I am pissed at M3DS right now... I got my fiance the M3DS real, since the CycloDS Evos are hard to come bye, or at least, you have to wait for quite a long while. Anyway, I got Sonic and Mario at the Olympic games on my Cyclo and it plays fine... though you can't use the "enhanced mode" feature with soft reset and whatnot... WIERD! But even worse, the M3DS won't even play it! Goes to a blank white screen when you try, so that sucks for her... and me since I love multiplayer with her.

discuss

Tyler777
01-26-2008, 04:57 AM
the softreset for the cyclo works for me on 1.3b fw you didnt get a clean dump if you dumped it from a cart :P and my friend has an M3 and it works for him to i upload my games to his M3 so we can play MP

Mathab
01-26-2008, 04:58 AM
What?? i cant use the enhanced mode either!!! are you talking about the same rom as us? 1969-mario&sonicattheolympics(U)??

Tyler777
01-26-2008, 05:20 AM
What?? i cant use the enhanced mode either!!! are you talking about the same rom as us? 1969-mario&sonicattheolympics(U)??

AIM me for details Rom talk is against rules here

TheColdOne
01-26-2008, 06:10 AM
I got my copy somewhere else. And from a reliable source for all of my other games. So it sucks that this is the ONLY game that is acting like this for me, and I may need to look somewhere else I guess.

So MAYBE I have gotten a bad copy/dump, which would suck.

JORDAN_
01-26-2008, 10:40 AM
I got the game from a reliable source and I don't have enhanced mode working for it.

Not sure how you got your's to work. I'd love to know how though.

Anthony
01-26-2008, 03:26 PM
First of all, congralulations on having a fiance that plays video games. :P

I wanted to get an M3 because some came with a rumble pack, then I got the CycloDS because of the many high-rated reviews.

I had a similar problem with playing Pac-Pix on an R4 I used to have; if I replayed the first level, the game would freeze everytime. On my CycloDS, it works perfectly.

Shane R. Monroe
01-26-2008, 05:09 PM
But even worse, the M3DS won't even play it! Goes to a blank white screen when you try, so that sucks for her... and me since I love multiplayer with her.

The R4 is having issues all over the place too - and with a v2 coming out, i'm guessing V1 people are going to be FUXORED. CycloDS FTW!

the softreset for the cyclo works for me on 1.3b fw you didnt get a clean dump if you dumped it from a cart :P and my friend has an M3 and it works for him to i upload my games to his M3 so we can play MP

Really? I'm really skeptical ... are you sure?

I got my copy somewhere else. And from a reliable source for all of my other games. So it sucks that this is the ONLY game that is acting like this for me, and I may need to look somewhere else I guess.

So MAYBE I have gotten a bad copy/dump, which would suck.

Well, I know my copy is a perfectly clean copy - no reset here. But that's COMMON with almost all the latest games. Fortunately, TC is aware and a fix is already in the next firmware.

I wanted to get an M3 because some came with a rumble pack, then I got the CycloDS because of the many high-rated reviews.

Fortunately, the 3 in 1 Expansion pack is cheap, works with other cards ...

I had a similar problem with playing Pac-Pix on an R4 I used to have; if I replayed the first level, the game would freeze everytime. On my CycloDS, it works perfectly.

Really pisses me off that Pac-Pix got disrespected so badly around launch. Frankly, it's a GREAT game for casual gamers - of course, now that the DS has taken off like mad, you can't find it anywhere, and the game hasn't been revisited properly so the latest DS owners can get it and enjoy it.

No matter WHO they are, I can get just about anyone to play Pac-Pix. It's hella accessible.

Tyler777
01-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Yes the place i got mine it was a clean rom and it works on my CycloDS 1.3b FW white with HW 1

and if it still doesnt work you can use dslazy if you know how to use it and what to add to the rom

solange82200
02-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Thecoldone, why are you having trouble finding the Cyclo evo? I see it everywhere. I just ordered one from mod-chips.com about three weeks ago. It came in the mail 4 days after I ordered it, AND it was a weekend (I payed extra for fast shipping). And if I'm not mistaken I saw that realhotstuff.com has them in stock. I could be wrong though, maybe something happened in the last week. Get your poor fiance a Cyclo!

c2ironfist
02-03-2008, 06:41 AM
game works perfectly on my M3 DS Real

billysastard
02-03-2008, 11:57 AM
The R4 is having issues all over the place too - and with a v2 coming out, i'm guessing V1 people are going to be FUXORED. CycloDS FTW!

well i cant argue with that, i just cant see why anyone would buy an r4 when the cyclo exists, if they realy dont want any of the cyclos features then they could just buy one of the cheapo cards as even they have better compatability than the r4.

the r4 is old, outdated, offers poor features, lower compatability, lower storage capacity and slower updates (6 weeks for the arm 9) in fact to buy one nowdays you'd realy need to be either extremly nieve or a certifiable idiot.