Team Cyclops Forums  

Go Back   Team Cyclops Forums > CycloDS Evolution Discussion > Third party software

Old 03-07-2011, 10:37 PM

Here is a little preview of iCyclo 2.

It has some obvious iTunes inspiration. The idea is that you just check off what games you want and hit a sync button which takes care of copying and backing up files for you. I also know a lot more about Mac programming than I did when I first started iCyclo, so it should all a bit faster and more bug free. I've still got a lot of work to go, but having some existing code to copy from is making things go pretty smoothly.

EDIT: Updated the picture with a slightly more up to date version.

Last edited by Solanum; 03-08-2011 at 05:02 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solanum View Post
Here is a little preview of iCyclo 2.

<snip>

It has some obvious iTunes inspiration. The idea is that you just check off what games you want and hit a sync button which takes care of copying and backing up files for you. I also know a lot more about Mac programming than I did when I first started iCyclo, so it should all a bit faster and more bug free. I've still got a lot of work to go, but having some existing code to copy from is making things go pretty smoothly.

EDIT: Updated the picture with a slightly more up to date version.
Looking awesome! Can't wait to see this come around to a public release. I can't say I've used a flashcart related software as much as the iCyclo

Thanks for the update, I'll be testing it out straight away when it gets released

-Qtis
Old 03-16-2011, 04:55 PM

Couple updates.

1. I'm getting rid of my current website. I'll have a new site for Cyclo-related stuff eventually, and I'll still have a download link to get the latest version in the first post of this thread, but the screenshots/faq/user manual stuff will be missing for a bit.

2. I'm changing the name of the app for the 2.0 release. I think iCyclo might be confusing now that there's the iEvolution. Plus I want to leave open the possibility of having the app support other flash cards. The new app is going to be named Gemini.

3. Gemini will require Snow Leopard (10.6).

I'm gonna be running a private beta sometime in the coming month. If you have 10.6 installed and are interested in testing it out, send me a PM.

Last edited by Solanum; 03-16-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:09 PM

Fantastic news! Why did you choose the name "Gemini?" I'm definitely interested in beta testing, and am running 10.6, so PM sent. Good luck ^_^

Antiaverage uses: Nintendo DS Lite (Firmware v5, White) : CycloDS Evolution (Hardware 1.1, Firmware 2.2, White) : EZFlash V 3-in-1 (Original Chipset, White) : NDSMotion Pak : Kingston MicroSDHC 4Gb (Japan, Class 4) : <3 Heavy Dose of Love
Look inside... | Latest Cheats
Old 03-16-2011, 07:12 PM

Gemini is Latin for "twins" which seemed to fit the D part of DS pretty well
Old 03-16-2011, 08:03 PM

I'll help if there is something I can do. I've got 10.6 running now

-Qtis
Old 03-16-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solanum View Post
Gemini is Latin for "twins" which seemed to fit the D part of DS pretty well
Ah, amusing, nice ^_^

Antiaverage uses: Nintendo DS Lite (Firmware v5, White) : CycloDS Evolution (Hardware 1.1, Firmware 2.2, White) : EZFlash V 3-in-1 (Original Chipset, White) : NDSMotion Pak : Kingston MicroSDHC 4Gb (Japan, Class 4) : <3 Heavy Dose of Love
Look inside... | Latest Cheats
Old 03-23-2011, 04:07 AM

Sounds like fun. I'm in for testing. PM sent.

I have cocoa/objc experience too
Old 07-27-2011, 01:36 AM

So in case people haven't figured it out yet, development on this has kinda stalled. Partly because I have a full time job now, partly because I was waiting for Lion to come out and develop for that instead, and partly because I've barely been using my CycloDS and so have kinda lost interest.

I'm kinda reluctant to just completely open source it because it's not in any sort of workable shape, but if there are any other mac/objc developers out there with lots of extra spare time who are interested in working on this (hooktail?) send me a PM and maybe we can work something out. I'd love to have a great DS syncing app to use, and I have tons of ideas for what it should look like and how the code architecture should work, I just don't have the time to do it myself at the moment :\
Old 08-29-2011, 08:03 PM

How do I set up the iEvolution on Mac OS 10.6.8?

I followed the instructions...

I copied the "bootstrap" files (boot_usa.cfg and ievo-bootstrap-1.1-USA.bin) to the SD card, plugged the DS card into the dongle, plugged the dongle in, then then the SD card. Red light just kept blinking, which the manual says "something went wrong."

How do I setup a new card with iCyclo???