Team Cyclops Forums  

Go Back   Team Cyclops Forums > TeamCyclops Discussion > FAQ's

Old 09-25-2008, 12:02 AM

The wiki has been grossly vandalized today. I fixed if, but right after, ot a minute passed, they did it again! Fixed again for now.

Last edited by midna25; 09-25-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midna25 View Post
The wiki has been grossly vandalized today. I fixed if, but right after, ot a minute passed, they did it again! Fixed again for now.
THEY SHALL BURN IN HELL!!!

What was vandalised anyway?

Old 09-25-2008, 03:14 PM

Holy carp (mispelled intentionally). The EZ Flash 3-in-1 section has been destroyed (repaired for now). I'm going to ping AntiAverage about it and see if he wants to implement account restrictions.
)
Old 09-25-2008, 03:51 PM

It's been destroyed again. Just fixed.

Also... READ. THE. BLOODY. MANUAL. And the Wiki.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Fixed permanently Thanks for your help everyone. I have set the 3-in-1 page to protected and now require users to register and validate their e-mail before they can edit any pages on the wiki. We could move to a captcha system instead if you'd like, but for now this seems like a good solution. It looks like it was bot vandalism, and not actual people. I'm guessing the "3-in-1" phrase was a trigger for the bots to start using the page as advertisement space. Oh well, they've been shutdown and we're back in business.

Again, thank you all for your patience, hard work, and dedication to keeping information for the CycloDS easy to get to by all CycloDS users.

Antiaverage uses: Nintendo DS Lite (Firmware v5, White) : CycloDS Evolution (Hardware 1.1, Firmware 2.2, White) : EZFlash V 3-in-1 (Original Chipset, White) : NDSMotion Pak : Kingston MicroSDHC 4Gb (Japan, Class 4) : <3 Heavy Dose of Love
Look inside... | Latest Cheats
Old 09-25-2008, 07:52 PM

Just spent a little time refreshing the Cheats section of the Wiki. Feel free to see if I missed something.
)
Old 11-26-2008, 03:24 AM

The wiki is not very active lately, but I updated it with some v1.5 stuff today.

Edit: But it was almost all deleted by gaol. In his opinion, the 1.5 final GBA support is unstable, unreliable and buggy. He thinks we should keep all exploader info in the wiki even when it can all be handled by the cyclo menu. He also made a point of reversing many sentances and making them so they implied that exploader was still needed. Than he says I got rid of vital info. Geez.

Last edited by midna25; 11-27-2008 at 05:52 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:26 AM

Quote:
The wiki is not very active lately, but I updated it with some v1.5 stuff today.

Edit: But it was almost all deleted by gaol. In his opinion, the 1.5 final GBA support is unstable, unreliable and buggy. He thinks we should keep all exploader info in the wiki even when it can all be handled by the cyclo menu. He also made a point of reversing many sentances and making them so they implied that exploader was still needed. Than he says I got rid of vital info. Geez.
Thanks for your work Midna. I'll see if I can sort out the issue Gaol seems to have brought up. The info for GBA Exploader is useful to have on the wiki as some prefer it as an alternative, but it is at this point considered an alternative. The official stance of Team Cyclops is to support their own GBA loading method, but of course there is no reason to feel forced to use it. The same holds for GBA Exploader, you shouldn't feel forced to use it. Both work and have their own pros and cons.

Again, Midna, thank you for your work on the wiki. Thanks to Gaol as well, as I know his intentions are simply to help out the community. It is very much appreciated.

Antiaverage uses: Nintendo DS Lite (Firmware v5, White) : CycloDS Evolution (Hardware 1.1, Firmware 2.2, White) : EZFlash V 3-in-1 (Original Chipset, White) : NDSMotion Pak : Kingston MicroSDHC 4Gb (Japan, Class 4) : <3 Heavy Dose of Love
Look inside... | Latest Cheats
Old 12-24-2011, 08:04 AM

Default Sorry for the resurrect.

It may seem like a resurrect, but the wiki is horrendously vandalized in its current state. This is not an insult to the original wiki (which I had used on multiple occasions), however it should be said that it is currently completely unusable.

It is so infested that burning it with fire would be my first response. The last week of changes are bot-driven and are a battle between Google and Yahoo's news pages, but enlighten me to both opportunities with coupons and acne remedies; hypnotherapy, financial advice, and a whole lot of BDSM articles were also popular about four days ago.

I cannot find a single piece of original content.

Tags
help faq, wiki