Team Cyclops Forums  

Go Back   Team Cyclops Forums > CycloDS Evolution Discussion > iEvolution General Discussion

Old 01-28-2011, 06:47 AM

I've been trying a bunch of random homebrew on this, and I'm noticing a recurring theme, no sound or touch screen. I understand that this sort of thing is likely, as DSi homebrew probably requires the latest libnds etc. Has anyone found anything that works correctly?
Old 01-28-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinal View Post
I've been trying a bunch of random homebrew on this, and I'm noticing a recurring theme, no sound or touch screen. I understand that this sort of thing is likely, as DSi homebrew probably requires the latest libnds etc. Has anyone found anything that works correctly?
I heard even reading/writing file isn't working on iEvo...?
Old 01-28-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenir View Post
I heard even reading/writing file isn't working on iEvo...?
I think the libdns update would change much of the problems. Hopefully we'll see that as fast as possible

I'd like to compare the iEvo in DSi mode to games launched in DS mode.. A review would be made quite soon if I receive a sample soon :P

-Qtis
Old 01-28-2011, 04:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to WinterMute Send a message via Skype™ to WinterMute

Currently homebrew launched in DSi mode from the iEvolution seems to have problems with the arm7/arm9 fifo sync code. This means that nothing involving arm7 code will currently work - sound, touchscreen, wifi ...

Right now I'm not 100% sure where the problem lies - it may be related to DSi mode speed. I did have this working via Cooking Coach save exploit but I've been using other methods to boot for the last couple of months so it hasn't been checked recently.

If it turns out to be a libnds related problem I'll have fix as soon as I can.

It should of course be noted that only homebrew built with devkitARM/libnds releases within the last year will function normally with DSi mode.

File access is unrelated to arm7 and works fine.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:14 PM

I was wondering are there any DSi mode homebrews available that I can test on the CycloDSi? Also does anyone know what they mean about properly dumping the DSi games?
Old 01-28-2011, 04:24 PM

No idea, I seem to remember something about those games needing some other kind of dumping so you get everything, but I'm not sure.
Anyway did you try and DSi enhanced games to see if the extra functions work? For example try Assassin's Creed 2. That one had an option to take your photo with the DSi camera and it will then appear in the game, I think.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakob95 View Post
I was wondering are there any DSi mode homebrews available that I can test on the CycloDSi? Also does anyone know what they mean about properly dumping the DSi games?
For one thing it might have something to do with using the DS/DSL to dump them in the first place. Maybe it needs something more for the DSi functions to be present?

As for a program that might work:

RupeeClock // Jan 27, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Well I did find a homebrew that works nicely from the SD slot, a little 3D tech demo called Multiview.
http://nintendomax.com/viewtopic.php?p=34448

-Qtis
Old 01-28-2011, 05:11 PM

Yeah but that is for the game exploit they found Sudoku. That homebrew just works with that exploit I don't think its a DSi mode homebrew though.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinal View Post
Warhawk DS FAT version is ok in dsi mode. Only the second layer of the scrolling background got bugs but the music and sprites runs fine.
BTW, the EFS version doesn't start.

Same issue with Manic Miner in the lost levels

Also, i noticied that the soft reset done with the power button (quick press) is disabled when i run those homebrews in DSi mode.
I need to power down my DSi.

Edit : Open Tyrian DS also run in DSi mode but with no sound. This one has no graphics glitches.

Last edited by Mbmax; 01-28-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:20 PM

Default Small demo for DSi test.

I made a small demo to can see how much faster is DS in DSi mode. This demo just zoom x3 a 16 bits image in real time and filter half of it, soo it's very intensive cpu use. If you test in both modes, you can see in DSi it runs a lot more fluid. This demo uses also NitroFS, soo can check also ARGV support.
Regards

Fox
Attached Files
File Type: zip zoomx3.zip (186.9 KB, 258 views)

Tags
arm7, arm9, documentation, download, dsi, error, fatal, firmware, fonts, homebrew, ievo, ievolution