Team Cyclops Forums  

Go Back   Team Cyclops Forums > TeamCyclops Discussion > FAQ's

Old 01-26-2008, 06:28 AM

nevermind i got that part to work but now im stuck at sending eeprom contents
Old 02-01-2008, 06:16 PM

Default Error message

I'm getting the second error, in red. The save file gets created on my computer but it's empty, so it would appear that I'm at least talking to my server. Yes, the SavReciever window is open and says it's listening. Are there games for which this program does not work? I'm trying to back up my daughters Nintendogs lab & friends game. I've not tried this for any other games.

Fatherhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by bousch View Post
I don't know if everybodies problems are solved already but because I had the same problems and could not find the answer I'll post anyway.

Problem 1: Savsender stops after the welcoming message.
Solution: try adding a newline after the portnumber in the settings file on your ds.

Problem 2: savreceiver not receiving (savsender shows "Error!" after trying to connect to server but dumping seems to start anyway, albeit very slow)
Solution: Make sure savreceiver has no open messageboxes and shows the text "Listening".

These solutions helped for me, though I ran into another problem. I have to restart savreceiver for every file. This is annoying because then I have to fill in the serverip and port every time. Otherwise savreceiver immediately saves the same file again instead of downloading the new file.

Hope it's clear,
Bold.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:27 PM

does this method work with the nintendo usb wifi?
Old 02-10-2008, 02:15 AM

nevermind but i can't get the ds side to recognize the conf file nor create one on the computer
and help is greatly appreciated

192.168.2.100 <<<ip address
5000 <<<port number

Last edited by Young USA Playa; 02-10-2008 at 03:13 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBro1 View Post
nevermind i got that part to work but now im stuck at sending eeprom contents
hey maybe you can help me out i'm having the problem you posted about?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:31 PM

just start your notepad (DONT CREATE NEW TEXT DOCUMENT!!)
then type the info in.

then save it under file name below with the quotes.

"savsender.conf"
Old 02-13-2008, 10:08 PM

Default Success with Rudolph NDS Backup Tool Wifi!!!

I could not get savsender/savreceiver to work but was finally able to get the Rudolph wifi tool working. Good god I was about to give up and then I saw the IBJamon post pointing out that the wifilib requires specific access point settings.

I hope this helps someone--I know that I was getting very frustrated trying to back up my save file off of the retail Zelda DS cart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
Same cause same problem ... I suppose you read #55 & #56 ? Perhaps an incompatible router ?

I think next version will work better with the new Wifi library ... if any ... the author is now on another project but he claims he will do it ... one day... so patience.

You can found the tools and more information there :

http://starcom.dev-fr.org/p3620/2007...iver-0-1b.html ( The dev blog of savreceiver ... also author of a french tutorial )

http://frodo.dyn.gno.org/~brettk/savsender ( The home of savsender btw don't miss the comments )

http://www.scdev.org/forum/index.php?topic=9915.0 ( the original thread )

http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rudolph/nds/NDS_Backup/ ( Latest Rudolph NDS Backup Tool Wifi )

Exclusive goodies ;-) :
I found this "beta" GBA tool v.00a on Rudolph site latest comments : http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rudol...p_Tool_00a.zip
( cautious not yet tested but reported as backing FLASH1M_V103 = 1024Kbit )

Update : http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rudol...up_Tool_01.zip
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBJamon View Post
Here is what it takes to get Homebrew WiFi to work on newer DS Lites:

1) You must broadcast the ESSID.
2) You must set the channel to 10 in your router.
3) If you use WEP, you MUST set it to shared key mode. It will not work correctly with open authentication. This is true for retail games, also.
4) You must setup your IP to be static on the DS, including gateway and DNS.
5) Oh, and all the DS-side configuration must be done in a retail game like Mario Kart, if that's not obvious.
6) Please test to make sure that you can connect with Nintendo's software, like Mario Kart. If it doesn't work there, don't expect there to be a chance it will work with homebrew!

With all that said, DSOrganize 2.9 is the first version NOT to work for me. DSOrganize 2.7 & 2.8 worked perfectly.. most other modern homebrew has not, though. I have not tried the patcher mentioned in this thread though, either. I'm considering hacking up the DSOrganize source to see if the old wifi files work with the newer DSOrganize.. if so, then the new WiFi libs have a problem with some 'middle aged' DS Lites I'm afraid...

IBJamon
Old 02-15-2008, 06:32 PM

Just a quick tip...

You don't actually need to do any port forwarding on your router at all.

Both your DS and your PC are LAN side of the router on the same subnet. The traffic will never go through the firewall so not NAT/PAT needs to take place and therefore no forwarding required.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:11 AM

Question Unoriginal games? Copy?

I'm trying to back up the .sav from my fake Pokémon Diamond game (from eBay), although it works fine as a game/online gameplay etc, I can't use this method to get the .sav file. I tried it with one of my original games and it worked fine. Does anyone know what I could do? Is there a way to just copy/back-up everything on the card or something?

The error message is:
"Error determining EEPROM size!
Done!
Press A to dump (...)"

Help??
Old 02-16-2008, 01:08 PM

What, if any, is the risk to doing this, to your retail carts?

Is there a chance to lose the saves...?

Tags
backup, dump, dumping, saves, tutorial