Team Cyclops Forums  

Go Back   Team Cyclops Forums > CycloWiz Discussion > CycloWiz Unofficial Firmwares Discussion

Old 05-08-2008, 02:18 PM

Default YAOSM 2.0 Port For CycloWiz (Ready-To-Use)

Big thanks to uncledim for this port.

This is the Open Source Firmware YAOSM 2.0 Port for CycloWiz.

It has the exact same features as the CycloWiz v3.6 Beta Firmware (Including the ERROR 001 Protection Fix for Backup/Burned Copies of games with the protection), and 2 extra features, making it better by default.

The extra 2 features are:
* Booting discs blocked by the Nintendo Wii v3.0 Firmware (like Action Replay)
* Being able to Enable/Disable GameCube Audiofix on-the-fly.

For people who don't know what GameCube Audiofix is, the GameCube has some games which use something called 'Audio Streaming'. Older chips (at the GameCube time) needed to patch these games in order to be able to have the audio play properly. If you play a game, or have a GameCube disc (most likely a modified backup ISO) which has scrambled sound when you load it, you need to use the opposite GameCube Audiofix setting.
The CycloWiz v3.6 Beta Firmware doesn't allow for changing the GameCube Audiofix Setting, which is Enabled by default, but the YAOSM 2.0 Port for CycloWiz allows for it.

There are 2 ways of modifying it:
Wii-Off: This means GameCube Audiofix is Enabled by default, and if you put a Wii Disc into the Wii before loading the GameCube Disc, it will disable the GameCube Audiofix.
Wii-On: This means GameCube Audiofix is Disabled by default, and if you put a Wii Disc into the Wii before loading the GameCube Disc, it will enable the GameCube Audiofix.

For people who don't really care about the above, the "Wii-Off" version of the YAOSM 2.0 Port for CycloWiz is recommended.

Ready-To-Burn ISO:
Below are a selection of Ready-To-Burn ISOs of the YAOSM 2.0 Port for CycloWiz for your Region and Chipset (either DMS/D2A or D2B) which you can burn with any software which can burn ISOs (IMGBurn at 4x Recommended):

EUR (PAL)
DMS/D2A Wii-Off
DMS/D2A Wii-On
D2B Wii-Off
D2B Wii-On

JAP (NTSC-J)
DMS/D2A Wii-Off
DMS/D2A Wii-On
D2B Wii-Off
D2B Wii-On

USA (NTSC-U)
DMS/D2A Wii-Off
DMS/D2A Wii-On
D2B Wii-Off
D2B Wii-On

Ready-To-Flash PC-Flasher Wiz Pack
For the people who are interested in flashing the YAOSM 2.0 Port for CycloWiz from their PC to the Wii using the Windows PC Flasher, here is a Ready-To-Use YAOSM 2.0 Port For CycloWiz pack of Wiz files which are already edited for preset Region and GameCube Audiofix Settings. The Wiz Pack also includes the "Wiz Disc Creator" to make an ISO from a custom edited Wiz File:
Wiz Pack

For People Who Want To Edit Their Own Wiz File:
Get a HEX Editor (like this one) and the Wiz Pack from above and HEX Edit the original Wiz File to accommodate for the settings you would like.

Keep in mind, if you want the GameCube Audiofix settings to work properly, you must hardcode a region as well, and not leave it on the default (Auto).

Quote:
From YAOSM CycloWiz Port:

FF0 - byte0, region patching
FF2 - byte1, default speed
FF4 - byte2, alternate speed
FF6 - byte3, LED flashing
FF8 - byte4, chip disable feature
FFA - byte5, audiofix

All values set to default FF (see yaosm documentation), you may change them with hex editor.
Quote:
From YAOSM readme:
Configuration
This is an explanation of the configuration bytes:

byte 0 = Regionpatching
0x00 = JAP, 0x01 = USA, 0x02 = EUR, 0x03 = disabled, 0x04-0xFF automatic region detection (default)

byte 1 = Speed setting (default speed for Wii backups)
0x00 = slow speed (Gamecube speed)
0x01 = medium speed (Somewhere in between)
0xFF = fast speed (Wii speed) (default)

byte 2 = Alternate speed setting (speed for Wii backups when same game is restarted)
0x00 = slow speed (Gamecube speed)
0x01 = medium speed (Somewhere in between)
0xFF = fast speed (Wii speed) (default)

byte 3 = Status LED behaviour when waiting for a new disc.
0x00 = LED is always off
0x01/0xFF = flashing (this is the default)
0x02/0xFE = fast flashing
0x03/0xFD = faster flashing
0x04/0xFC = insane flashing
0x80 = LED is always on but a bit dim
0x81 = LED is always on

byte 4 = Chip disable feature (you may want to disable this if you have a LED connected to pin3)
0x00 = Disable the chip disable feature (no weak pull-up on pin3)
0xFF = Enable the chip disable feature (this is the default)

byte 5 = Audiofix on/off
0x00 = Disable the Gamecube audiofix (always off)
0x01 = Disable audiofix by default (when powering up the Wii) and enable it by inserting a Wii disc before running your GC backup.
0x02 = Enable audiofix by default (when powering up the Wii) and disable it by inserting a Wii disc before running your GC backup.
0xFF = Enable the Gamecube audiofix (always on)(default)

byte 6 and higher = This part of the eprom contains patch data on the small chips (like 12F629/675)

Last edited by SoraK05; 06-11-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:44 PM

Default # of programming cycles needed?

When trying to upgrade via the USA Wii-OFF iso, the upgrade switch test works fine, but it seems to cycle forever asking me to flip the switch off/on and press reset to flash again. Is this an indicator that I need to build the dvd cable?
Old 05-10-2008, 05:41 PM

Default disregard

nvm, I just forgot to install my 's' wire... d'oh! But now yaosm success is mine.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:29 PM

is there are places to do the download? Not a keen follower for Rapidshare... and dont have account for it. Yet the free is already hit the limit.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:54 AM

Default It works

SoraK05, thanks for the tips about this firmware version. It works great. You may recall that I wasn't able to upgrade any firmware with a DVD. I used the flasher cable.

Last edited by Permutor; 06-02-2008 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 07-14-2008, 06:03 PM

I think Yaosm 3.0 is available , it would be great to have it for the cyclowiz
Old 10-27-2008, 08:31 PM

How do I know which Chipset I have??
Old 11-06-2008, 07:48 AM

The only way to know for sure as far as I know is to open up the Wii and find out.. :S
Old 01-02-2009, 11:33 AM

Hi, i just "upgraded" to Yaosm 2.0 from 3.6b and now my wii wont boot any backupdisks (running wii with firmware 3.3E). hehe i know i should not upgraded the wii's firmware but damage already done xD. I will have to go back to 3.6b.

Just wondering if there will come any new firmware for the cyclowiz anytime soon so i can enjoy my backups again ?
Old 01-03-2009, 10:56 AM

I do not see why backups do not work - the YAOSM 2.0 for CycloWiz Firmware is better in my opinion than the CycloWiz v3.6b.
Is the LED on the CycloWiz solid green, does it flash green, or is there no LED? You can see this through the ventilation holes on the side of the Wii where the serial number is, or through the Wii's SD Slot.

If the LED is solid green, the chip should be working perfectly.
If the LED is flashing, it would mean that the Firmware on the chip at the moment is damaged, or the A, B and/or C points on the chip are not connected properly.
If the LED is off, it would mean that you have an upgrade/programmer switch set to ON which should be on OFF, the Firmware on the chip at the moment is damaged, or the G and/or V points on the chip are not connected properly.

Worst case, you may have to reflash the chip with a DVD-Tool PC-Flasher Cable and the PC Flasher:
http://teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=987

It is also possible that the DVD Drive may be out of place, as the Wii's DVD Drive is sensitive - you may have to screw in the 4 screws into the rubber pads which hold the DVD Drive in 100% tight, then unscrew each screw by a tiny tiny turn, to allow for the potential for buoyancy..

Hope that helps..