Team Cyclops Forums  

Go Back   Team Cyclops Forums > CycloDS Evolution Discussion > Evolution Feature Requests

Old 05-08-2008, 08:45 PM

Default Sound Control in In-Game Menu

A request that I think would be a good feature would be sound control in the in-game menu. You could lock the sound in place, calibrate the actual sound control, and control it more precisely. Also, I've noticed that some games (like Tetris DS; I noticed this by using the slow motion), are encoded to have different channels for music and sound effects. If the cyclodDS could identify these channels, you could control the ratio of music to sound effects from the in-game-menu. Some games (like Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam)have this built in, but it would be nice to have it in most games.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:36 PM

well what i would want is the capability of managing the sound going upto 400% from the main menu like how it does on moonshell. that would be really cool. and rest of what u said
Old 05-08-2008, 10:54 PM

Ugh pumping the volume up to 400% makes it sound like ****. And it always makes me feel like I'm going to blow out my speakers.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:00 PM

well yea thats true but the quality is still good in moonshell around 200 % so i dont think its a really bad idea.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:12 PM

I'd still recommend headphones before wanting to pump your volume up past the intended output of the on-board speakers. Nintendo limited it for a reason, not because they don't want you cranking your DS audio. You could blow your speakers with extended periods of over-amping.

Antiaverage uses: Nintendo DS Lite (Firmware v5, White) : CycloDS Evolution (Hardware 1.1, Firmware 2.2, White) : EZFlash V 3-in-1 (Original Chipset, White) : NDSMotion Pak : Kingston MicroSDHC 4Gb (Japan, Class 4) : <3 Heavy Dose of Love
Look inside... | Latest Cheats
Old 05-09-2008, 01:57 AM

only if the headphone jack on the nintendo ds was on the side and not in the front, it would be soo much better to actually listen to music by putting your ds in your pocket but the thing is if it was on the side then you wouldnt be able to hold your ds properly
Old 05-09-2008, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc1ent1st View Post
only if the headphone jack on the nintendo ds was on the side and not in the front, it would be soo much better to actually listen to music by putting your ds in your pocket but the thing is if it was on the side then you wouldnt be able to hold your ds properly
Cut a hole in your pocket? Or better yet, get an actual MP3 player...

Antiaverage uses: Nintendo DS Lite (Firmware v5, White) : CycloDS Evolution (Hardware 1.1, Firmware 2.2, White) : EZFlash V 3-in-1 (Original Chipset, White) : NDSMotion Pak : Kingston MicroSDHC 4Gb (Japan, Class 4) : <3 Heavy Dose of Love
Look inside... | Latest Cheats
Old 05-09-2008, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc1ent1st View Post
But then it would be hard to hold to play games on.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:11 PM

The main focus of the feature isn't to pump up your volume to 400%, it's to be able to take off the music or sound effects. Another thing is, I thought that if you turned off all the music, it could process graphics faster and run at a higher framerate. (maybe)
Old 05-10-2008, 07:17 PM

I wouldn't mind the ability for the Cyclo to disregard the Volume bar with an option, and let you set it manually with a percentage. 1-100.

If it's possble.