Team Cyclops Forums  

Go Back   Team Cyclops Forums > CycloDS Evolution Discussion > Third party software

Old 05-26-2008, 06:41 PM

Default Rominator

Rominator 2008 released.

Download:

http://www.hankchill.com/files/rominator_win.zip

In case you were wondering Rominator is like the best Rom trimmer and he totally rebuilt the software so you're going to have to download it from there.

Some features (like Rom catalog and stuff) are unlocked by donating $1, but everything anybody used is still free for the most part.

Enjoy.

The exact latest version is Rominator 2008.7.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=87675

Last edited by Gnintendo; 06-30-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:41 AM

Hank has done an excellent job in updating Rominator. While there have been a few bugs, he has spent the weekend working with users and forum members at GBATemp to squash them as quickly as possible.

Well worth the money I donated for this version. One note that is sometimes overlooked, it runs on both Windows and Mac OS.
)
Old 05-27-2008, 03:50 AM

Quick question. Why would I want to use this in lieu of the integrated ROM trimming available with the Evolution Tools?
Sandisk 8GB microSDHC (Class 4)
Sandisk 4GB microSDHC (Class 4)
Old 05-27-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mejilan View Post
Quick question. Why would I want to use this in lieu of the integrated ROM trimming available with the Evolution Tools?
The Evolution Tools Rom trimmer can sometime mistrim the ROM and make it not work anymore. When you download Rominator in the settings make sure you check the "Use safe trimming method" and that will guarantee you won't mess anything up . Besides, Rominator is the best and does a bunch of other stuff.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:19 PM

Cool beans. I'll definitely check this out, then. I've had some issues with trimmed (by Evo Tools) ROMs refusing to load.
Sandisk 8GB microSDHC (Class 4)
Sandisk 4GB microSDHC (Class 4)
Old 05-28-2008, 05:07 AM

Default Is This Our Only Mac Option?

I know Hankchill has put many, many hours into Rominator but it is soooo very buggy and the interface is very limited by RealBASIC. Is this really the only option for Mac users?
Old 05-28-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mejilan View Post
Cool beans. I'll definitely check this out, then. I've had some issues with trimmed (by Evo Tools) ROMs refusing to load.
Yeah, also it has a tool that checks to make sure if a ROM is a valid dump. Make sure you check the dump before you trim it though.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:34 PM

Hmmm.....tried it, but can't seem to find how to trim roms with it. Tried dragging and dropping into the available boxes, but nothing. Are there any major improvements and/or differences from version 5.3.3?
Old 05-28-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomTa2 View Post
Hmmm.....tried it, but can't seem to find how to trim roms with it. Tried dragging and dropping into the available boxes, but nothing. Are there any major improvements and/or differences from version 5.3.3?
Create a game list, then it'll work.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prax View Post
I know Hankchill has put many, many hours into Rominator but it is soooo very buggy and the interface is very limited by RealBASIC. Is this really the only option for Mac users?
Well, there's CocoDS, but last I used it it was horribly horribly buggy In addition, it hasn't been updated in months.

What problems have you had with Rominator? If there's something wrong, send him a message using the feedback feature in the app. He's pretty good about fixing things, often within days (or even the same day).

Quote:
Hmmm.....tried it, but can't seem to find how to trim roms with it. Tried dragging and dropping into the available boxes, but nothing.
First you need to create a game list (there's no overall Library like the old version, just lists pertaining to a particular folder or microSD card) and put the roms in it. Select the rom you want, and choose Trim from the toolbar.
What I personally recommend is zipping or rzipping the clean roms, so the size is reduced as if it were trimmed, then set in the options to decompress and trim as it sends to your card. That way you both save space and keep the clean rom in case you need it (trim goes wrong, want to patch it, etc).

Quote:
Are there any major improvements and/or differences from version 5.3.3?
The entire UI has been reworked (mostly for the better), some lesser used features (trainers for example) have been dropped, and.. some other stuff I can't think of off the top of my head. He's no longer supporting database updates for the 5.x series, though, so you'll probably need to upgrade at some point.