Team Cyclops Forums  

Go Back   Team Cyclops Forums > CycloDS Evolution Discussion > Third party software

Old 09-16-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane R. Monroe View Post
There is already a port of my original CycloEdit program for the Mac ... search for iCyclo ... should find it.
Now we just need iCyclo Professional
Old 09-16-2008, 02:31 PM

I'm sure it will come
Moderator, Team Cyclops CycloDS Evolution Forums
Old 09-16-2008, 05:03 PM

just tried it out everything works fine, im using the backup feature now, but my laptop is getting real laggy... also, a sort of progress bar would be awsome (if that is possible) as it is pretty annoying if you don't know how much longer it will take.

anyways, its even better than I imagined, it looks so clean

Quipeace

EDIT: it finished the backup! its sure faster than vista's copy paste! I tested everything after the backup and it is working GREAT

things I found so far:
when updating it shows everything is updated, but the text is still in red, is there a way to update that? (clicking the drive fixed this).

when doing a "detailed analysis" from the micro sd profiler, it adds the numbers instead of erasing the previous result (so lets say you got 600mb of roms, when you do the analysis again it adds them up (600+600=1200). (I tried this three times, got 2594Mb roms on a 2gb card... according to the analysis.)

thats it! great work!

Last edited by Quipeace; 09-16-2008 at 05:16 PM. Reason: added testing results.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quipeace View Post
just tried it out everything works fine, im using the backup feature now, but my laptop is getting real laggy... also, a sort of progress bar would be awsome (if that is possible) as it is pretty annoying if you don't know how much longer it will take.
I'm working on this actively.

Quote:
anyways, its even better than I imagined, it looks so clean
Thanks!

Quote:
EDIT: it finished the backup! its sure faster than vista's copy paste! I tested everything after the backup and it is working GREAT
On my card and system, I get 1GB per minute transfer. So my 6.71GB filled card takes just over 6 minutes.

Quote:
things I found so far:
when updating it shows everything is updated, but the text is still in red, is there a way to update that? (clicking the drive fixed this).

when doing a "detailed analysis" from the micro sd profiler, it adds the numbers instead of erasing the previous result (so lets say you got 600mb of roms, when you do the analysis again it adds them up (600+600=1200). (I tried this three times, got 2594Mb roms on a 2gb card... according to the analysis.)
Both great finds ... I'll fix these.

Quote:
thats it! great work!
Thanks!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:53 PM

Glad I could help
Old 09-16-2008, 07:07 PM

Quick bug I found. If you have the default cheats file loaded on your microSD card, CycloDS Pro reads the current cheat file date as 12/31/1600.

Also I think it froze when trying to update the cheat file. I have dial-up, so it just may be a bit slow.

EDIT:
It didn't freeze, but it hung while it downloaded the latest cheat database. Another weird thing is that it reports the last ROM loaded is on my A: drive.

Last edited by xvolution; 09-16-2008 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Update
Old 09-16-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvolution View Post
Quick bug I found. If you have the default cheats file loaded on your microSD card, CycloDS Pro reads the current cheat file date as 12/31/1600.

Also I think it froze when trying to update the cheat file. I have dial-up, so it just may be a bit slow.

EDIT:
It didn't freeze, but it hung while it downloaded the latest cheat database. Another weird thing is that it reports the last ROM loaded is on my A: drive.

I can confirm the date problem, but I have no hangs updating the file.

Last edited by Fafner; 09-16-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvolution View Post
Another weird thing is that it reports the last ROM loaded is on my A: drive.
That's how the Cyclo itself used to store information in its XML file, it would reference its own microSD card as A:/. Recent firmwares have changed this so now it just starts with a slash, Unix-style.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:06 PM

I think I've found a bug or a slight problem, or whatever you want to call it. If you try to back up the text files on your card and there is more than one text file with the same name it brings up an error dialog.

-v

edit- Also, it apears that if you try to back up a skin before you delete it you can get an error as well. i was deleting a skin off of my card and it asked if i wasnted to back up the skin first, i said yes and then it errord, saying that 'bottom.bmp' was being used by another program.

I've also encounterd the same error when just trying to delete skins even without asking it to back them up first.

-Messiah's Handbook: Reminders for the Advanced Soul

Last edited by v3n0mE; 09-16-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:24 PM

Good finds! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3n0mE View Post
I think I've found a bug or a slight problem, or whatever you want to call it. If you try to back up the text files on your card and there is more than one text file with the same name it brings up an error dialog.

-v

edit- Also, it apears that if you try to back up a skin before you delete it you can get an error as well. i was deleting a skin off of my card and it asked if i wasnted to back up the skin first, i said yes and then it errord, saying that 'bottom.bmp' was being used by another program.

I've also encounterd the same error when just trying to delete skins even without asking it to back them up first.