Team Cyclops Forums  

Go Back   Team Cyclops Forums > CycloDS Evolution Discussion > Evolution BETA Firmware

Old 10-03-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat D View Post
is GBA support awesome enough to make it a usable alternative to ExpLoader yet? For me, that includes linkage from both NOR and PSRAM.
Press Select to manually set if you want to use PSRAM or NOR. PSRAM is default. If the game doesn't fit into PSRAM you are asked if you want to flash to NOR instead. Also read my earlier post. The only thing missing from ExpLoader is Multi-Save-Support. I switched it off though.
I think it is awesome enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
When i loaded classic zelda II with the cyclo gui all my saves where gone, but when i used gbaexploader I saw my saves :x. Could anyone please tell me what's going on? I'm confused .
You probably have Save-Mode set to normal - so the save-files will go into the same directory as the roms are. Alternative saves to the directory specified in the config.xml.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:55 PM

Trying to load Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories into NOR using a SAV file that was created with GBA Exploader. Game loads and gives me a "Sorry, your save data has been lost error".

Advance Wars used the existing SAV OK. Can anybody else test out Kingdom Hearts and confirm this behavior?
)
Old 10-03-2008, 08:05 PM

Kingdom Hearts (EUR) works for me. I'm just using the first of the two save slots in this game, though. And I guess you're using the US-version?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:09 PM

Correct. US-Version. Using first of the two slots. It will create a new SAV and appears to work, but not able to read my existing SAV previously played with GBA Exploader.
)
Old 10-03-2008, 08:19 PM

If I skip BETA 3 and go to BETA 4, will it include all the features from BETA 3?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth5454 View Post
If I skip BETA 3 and go to BETA 4, will it include all the features from BETA 3?
Yes. All firmware incrementals are cumulative (unless a bug forces a feature to be removed).
)
Old 10-03-2008, 08:30 PM

GBA problems found!
when I play nes classics, some of these can't start, because the start button doensn't work. tested with:
bomberman, castlevania, super mario bros. and zelda II (all won't work)
(donkey kong is the only one that works)

and mario bros. 3 advance does make strange sounds an plays no BGM (maybe rom corruption?)

anyone else same problems?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:33 PM

Does it work with the GBA size ezflash 3 in 1 or does it require the lite version?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
CycloDS Evolution v1.5 BETA 4 firmware has been released for testing. Changes include:[LIST][*]Added "cycle skin" feature which is similar to the random skin feature, except that skins are cycled in order and are not chosen at random
Wow, I cant believe you really listened. The feature i asked just a bit of time ago you actually implemented it. I was speachless. Theres really nothing I can say but, thank you. Damn, you guys are awesome.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:04 PM

Huge thanks to team cyclops I was having troubles with retail Backup GBA saves and posted it yesterday and its fixed today Thats the cyclo difference you have the finest prouduct on the market makes me so happy to own one and a ez 3in1