Team Cyclops Forums  

Go Back   Team Cyclops Forums > CycloDS Evolution Discussion > Evolution BETA Firmware

Old 10-27-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick255 View Post
First, never use copy, xcopy, or windows explorer to backup or restore your card, always use robocopy (a free download from Microsoft) to do that, using copy/xcopy and especially the explorer GUI is known to cause file corruption when copying lots of files. As to your problem, I don't have any problems here with my 8GB Sandisk card, mabye battery saver causes problems similar to Castlevania:PoR on slow cards? How well does your microsd card do with PoR with battery saver disabled, does it lock up at all (even if only when entering the menu a dozen times in a row)?
wrong. Robocopy (Robust Copy) is superior due to it's ability to sync files, copy a lot more attribute then traditional copy/xcopy, and fairly tolerable operation across networks.

the ONLY problem with xcopy is it'll crash when you copy huge number of files, (which robocopy won't), but I do mean a huge number. and the xcopy itself will crash, not creating so called file corruptions.

none of the copy commands should create any corruptions.. even if they do, M$ will fix it ASAP.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to mrcha0s

How long does the Beta testing for a firmware usually take? Is it usually until all the bugs are fixed? Because I was wondering whether I should get this one and try to help out but if it's close to being finished I'll just wait for the next one.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:04 AM

Send a message via MSN to maxpowersin Send a message via Yahoo to maxpowersin

Ok it's been too long since TC posted anything in these forums. Has TC run into some problems...
Old 10-29-2008, 02:15 PM

Seems the team ran into some probs or are in a vacation. This firmware is just too much of an upgrade, also a lot of bugs have been detected. At least 1.41 works perfectly until they release the final. I would'nt hold my breath until the cycloDS is updated. Seems the team wants to deliver a top notch firmware so they can relax a bit for some time.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:02 AM

what is with TC i think they will make a new gui after the Teextreader
Old 10-30-2008, 03:29 PM

Default GBA Saves

I am new to using my cyclo for gba games. I just recently got an ez 3-in-1 and upgraded to this beta. I wanted to wait until I didnt have to use exploader, so I have never tried using it. I have read through all the posts and am having trouble with saves working. I have only tried a few games, but Baldurs Gate, Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario 3 dont work. I tried Minish Cap and it did work. I dont know if there is a bug or if I am doing something wrong. I only tried these games so far. Also I did try a NOR with Kingdom Hearts and could not get a save to work for it either. I tried reformatting the card and using different clean dumps, but nothing seems to work. I dont want to sound like a noob that cant read and find a solution, but I am frustrated and want to get back into playing gba but cannot with out saves. Any ideas?

Last edited by impizkit; 10-30-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by impizkit View Post
I am new to using my cyclo for gba games. I just recently got an ez 3-in-1 and upgraded to this beta. I wanted to wait until I didnt have to use exploader, so I have never tried using it. I have read through all the posts and am having trouble with saves working. I have only tried a few games, but Baldurs Gate, Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario 3 dont work. I tried Minish Cap and it did work. I dont know if there is a bug or if I am doing something wrong. I only tried these games so far. Also I did try a NOR with Kingdom Hearts and could not get a save to work for it either. I tried reformatting the card and using different clean dumps, but nothing seems to work. I dont want to sound like a noob that cant read and find a solution, but I am frustrated and want to get back into playing gba but cannot with out saves. Any ideas?
Yes, turn off gba support in the CycloDS and use GBA Exploader, which works perfectly.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:02 PM

Thanks for the information. I did find other posts and Im not the only one with this issue. It must be a bug of some sort. I will try exploader tonight and see if it works. I may wait for the new firmware to try this again. Hopefully TC is working on this issue. A fully functioning GBA support would be great. I will take what I can get though.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:44 AM

You know Team Cyclops has been working on 1.5 for WELL over half a year now.

Just pointing that out...
Old 10-31-2008, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnintendo View Post
You know Team Cyclops has been working on 1.5 for WELL over half a year now.

Just pointing that out...
Your point? I'd rather wait and have all (or most) issues resolved than a rushed p.o.s.