Team Cyclops Forums  

Go Back   Team Cyclops Forums > CycloDS Evolution Discussion > Evolution BETA Firmware

Old 10-03-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack View Post
Ah... just one minor thing. The GBA-menu options are all in English and not yet localized.
What GBA-Menu option?

The game just starts and don't see a menu.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
You probably have Save-Mode set to normal - so the save-files will go into the same directory as the roms are. Alternative saves to the directory specified in the config.xml.
No, I have alternative on (It's in gba_saves), and every other game i have doesn't have that problem :/
Old 10-03-2008, 09:47 PM

CycloEdit Pro beta users, update your version via the updater.

Support for Cycle has been added.
Moderator, Team Cyclops CycloDS Evolution Forums
Old 10-03-2008, 10:36 PM

Send a message via MSN to xblackoutx

How can I turn on the GBA support? It's not in the settings menu and my GBA roms aren't appearing.

Slot 1: CycloDS Evolution (batch 4) w/ Sandisk 2gb
Slot 2: EZ 3-1 (new)
Old 10-03-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash2 View Post
GBA problems found!
when I play nes classics, some of these can't start, because the start button doensn't work. tested with:
bomberman, castlevania, super mario bros. and zelda II (all won't work)
(donkey kong is the only one that works)

and mario bros. 3 advance does make strange sounds an plays no BGM (maybe rom corruption?)

anyone else same problems?
I had probs with these games exactly. super mario bros and zelda 1 dont start. I choose em, and it says game boy and does the bling sound, but with no nintendo under it and it freezes. This used to happen to gba games on actual cartridge and you would just blow it and it would work. Also mario bros 3 starts perfectly but when u get in game it kinda freezes and the map moves up and down. All other games are A ok.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:09 PM

Awesome update, the battery option is sweet.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack View Post
Press Select to manually set if you want to use PSRAM or NOR. PSRAM is default. If the game doesn't fit into PSRAM you are asked if you want to flash to NOR instead. Also read my earlier post. The only thing missing from ExpLoader is Multi-Save-Support. I switched it off though.
I think it is awesome enough

You probably have Save-Mode set to normal - so the save-files will go into the same directory as the roms are. Alternative saves to the directory specified in the config.xml.
I said linking. In ExpLoader, you can flash a game to NOR and press start to soft-reset and you can press select in PSRAM mode to write the game to PSRAM and soft-reset, both enabling NDS-GBA linking.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neswii View Post
I had probs with these games exactly. super mario bros and zelda 1 dont start. I choose em, and it says game boy and does the bling sound, but with no nintendo under it and it freezes. This used to happen to gba games on actual cartridge and you would just blow it and it would work. Also mario bros 3 starts perfectly but when u get in game it kinda freezes and the map moves up and down. All other games are A ok.

Just tried both Super Mario Bros and Legend of Zelda, and both work fine for me...tried Super Mario Advance 4 too (1Mbit save here), and it correctly got the savegame I previously stored with Exploader (just moved it to the GBA roms directory first).

Last edited by Fafner; 10-03-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:32 PM

I didn't notice any different power consumption with this 'feature' activated any way? Did anyone actually feel it gave them longer play time?
Old 10-03-2008, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackers07 View Post
I didn't notice any different power consumption with this 'feature' activated any way? Did anyone actually feel it gave them longer play time?

Didn't play with this beta that much yet, but with beta3 I could notice a longer battery life. I don't have any numbers, but the battery lasted longer...